Sales Administrator job description
Sales administrators play a key administrative role in supporting the sales team and provide an important link between the salesperson and the client. Reporting to sales executives, they work in a challenging and competitive environment, processing all sales-related paperwork and arranging appointments for salespeople to visit new and established customers Specific responsibilities include dealing with invoices, chasing up overdue payments and monitoring ongoing orders. Those working in this particular area of sales are often the first point of contact for customers, who may need assistance with orders, requests and complaints Ideal candidates for the role are efficient and adaptable workers with good all-round administrative abilities, including a working knowledge of spreadsheets. They must have excellent customer service skills and be good organisers. Secretarial skills are an added advantage, as the job may involve taking on diary management duties for executives. Employers often ask for previous administrative, secretarial or sales experience.
Sales Administrators generate client leads, increase the number of customers, answer client queries and prepare sales documentation. A great portion of their time is spent on communicating and handling customer information.
A Sales Administrator usually performs many of the following tasks:
- Processing customer orders and preparing sales documents in Netsuite* (ERP system)
- Handling customer requests via Netsuite (CRM software) or our Online Sales store
- Generating and Monitoring sales reports
- Hitting daily sales targets
- Maintaining good customer relations
- Answering customers queries (telephone or email)
- Maintaining client records
- Customer service or client management
- Understanding numeric data
- General Computer Skills
- ERP or Accounting Software operation
- Being proactive and flexible
- Meeting deadlines
- Being courteous and professional
- Being confident, thorough and collaborative
- Project management
In the Sales industry, the skills and aptitude for sales are more appreciated than qualifications. Bachelor's degree or higher in Management, Marketing, Sales, accounting, computer or Business are valued.
* Netsuite is our Cloud based ERP and CRM software. While the experience of working with this software is of great score the experience of working with this specific software is not necessary for the candidates. The candidate should have the experience of working with any basic or advances ERP, CRM or accounting software to be able to pass our training to work with the Netsuite or any other future software.