Interior Designer Job Description
The primary function is to design office furniture for client’s luxury office projects, overseeing implementation of schemes, providing clients with a turn-key solution. It is important that you have exceptional attention to detail as well as the capability and experience to independently deliver projects and manage junior members of the team.
Ensures all projects are within or under budget. Reconciles expenses after all installations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Managing assigned projects from concept through to completion
- Developing initial ideas and acquiring key information about potential projects, discussing requirements in detail with clients (the brief) and setting project schedules;
- Understanding clients' needs and the needs of the people using the building, developing design concepts in consultation with the client and establishing final briefs;
- Working towards a budget
- Researching and gathering information and photographs relating to the project;
- Producing 'sample' or 'mood' boards for presentation to clients;
- Create and present of designs to clients to an immaculate standard
- Sourcing products, e.g. fittings, furniture, lighting, finishes, decoration and dressing, and providing samples for clients;
- Preparing detailed working drawings, designs, plans, schemes
- (sometimes using CAD)
- Preparation and checking of tender pack including a schedule of works, FF&E schedules and specifications ensuring delivery of set project programme.
- Keeping up to date with new developments in the design industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design Desired
- High level of technical knowledge, including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), AS400, SketchUp Desired, CAD skills are essential.
- Experience in commercial furniture design is desired.
- Experience in InDesignEstiPC (desirable) and Gantt charts (desirable)
- Good drawing skills, including perspective drawing and spatial awareness
- Creative and imaginative
- Great communication skills
- Project management skills
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality and professionalism
- Organisational and problem-solving skills
- Good negotiating and management skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks to meet deadlines
- Time management and multi-tasking skills
- Clean valid UK Driver’s License